Disneyland Survival Guide (May 23-24, 2014)
Survival Guide for Disneyland 24-hour "Rock Your Disney Side": Going to the parks for the summer kick-off this weekend? Some tips/info that will help you make the most of your time:
* DL/DCA open May 23-24, 6am - 6am
* Premium, Deluxe & SoCal Passes Valid (SoCal Select Pass BLOCKED)
* "Know Before you Go": Check the Website for announcements, ride closures, rules, prices, etc. Be prepared. https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendar/#/default/2014/05/23...
* Grown-ups can dress like their fave Disney/Pixar/Marvel/Star Wars/etc. characters for this event, but check the rules & restrictions in advance.
* Arrive early!! Thinking of arriving at midnight or 1 am on the 24th? If the parks are mad-crowded, you might be in line for a long, long time before you get into the parks, even though, intuitively, you'd expect lines to be shorter at that time.
* Prepare to enjoy a lot of excellent music, all different styles, from rock to pop to swing dancing. Disneyland goes all-out on the entertainment, even during the wee hours. The Castle and Tomorrowland Terrace and Big Thunder Jamboree (Disneyland), and Hollywood Land and Paradise Pier (DCA), are good bets if you're looking for great bands.
* Extra performances of shows like "Fantasmic!" (Disneyland) and World of Color (DCA) are usually added during 24-hour events.
* Don't forget to ride "Ariel's Undersea Adventure" in DCA and check out the excellent changes.
* If you plan to stay all 24 hours:
- Stay hydrated and remember to eat.
- Take regular rest periods.
- Book a hotel room in case u can't stay awake the whole 24 hrs. #1, you don't want to drive home sleep-deprived. #2, you can't fall asleep at the parks; to (mis)quote Principal Vernon, "This isn't a rest home".
- Bring money, sunscreen, and a hat. Check weather report in advance.
- Don't nickel-and-dime yourself with pricey snacks. Bring snacks & water; save your money for actual meals, and maybe a souvenir. The parks will probably sell special event pins, shirts, and hats. A free souvenir? Your park map/guide for the event.
- Expect heavy crowds. Prepare to be patient. Yes, there might be 40 minute waits for "Haunted Mansion" at 3 am, e.g., or 90 minute waits for "Space Mountain".
- Expect that while most attractions, shows, shops and restaurants will be open, some will be closed during the night shift. Major venues (e.g.the Matterhorn; California Screamin'; the Village Haus; the Emporium; Elias & Co.) ar more likely to be operational than minor ones. Also, some attractions (like "Finding Nemo") are down for refurbishment.
- Get ready to meet a ton of interesting fellow Guests and have a lot of fun!
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY FROM "THE DISNEYLAND BOOK OF SECRETS"!